Mercury rise above LynxAug 10, 2011 - 4:55 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi tallied 26 points with six rebounds as Phoenix put a halt to Minnesota's nine-game win streak with an 85-80 decision at US Airways Center.
Penny Taylor posted 13 points, while Candice Dupree clocked in with 12 and 11 rebounds for the Mercury, who had dropped five of six prior to Tuesday.
Maya Moore scored a game-high 28 points and Seimone Augustus added 26 points as the Lynx tasted defeat for the first time since dropping a 112-105 home decision to Phoenix on July 13.
DeWanna Bonner's free throw with 36.1 seconds remaining gave the home team a 78-77 edge, and Minnesota was forced to foul down the stretch. Taurasi went 4- for-4 from the line in the closing seconds sandwiched around two from the line by Taylor.
Moore's desperation three as time expired was the visitors' only answer.
- MINNESOTA: 80
Aug 10 12:54 AM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 9 10:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25