Catchings passes 5k points, Fever down LibertyAug 14, 2011 - 1:27 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings became the sixth player in WNBA history with 5,000 career points, scoring 32 to lead the Indiana Fever to an 82-71 victory over the New York Liberty on Saturday.
Catchings set two franchise records with 17 free throws made and 19 attempts and tied a career high by scoring 32 points for the fourth time. She finished the game with 5,025 points.
Tangela Smith added 10 points in the game and was the only other Fever player in double digits.
Cappie Pondexter scored 30 points to lead the Liberty and Essence Carson had 16 off the bench.
The game was tied 16-16 after the first quarter, but Indiana took control with a 22-16 second and 26-15 third quarter. The Fever improved to 7-1 in their last eight games and 2-1 over the Liberty this season.
New York, which split a home-and-home series with Indiana in June, lost for the third time in its last four games.
- NEW YORK: 71
Aug 13 9:12 PM
- NEW YORK: 32
Aug 13 7:57 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 13 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22