Seattle tops San Antonio; Young scores 3,000th point in defeatAug 24, 2011 - 4:20 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tanisha Wright posted a game-best 16 points with seven rebounds as Seattle topped San Antonio, 63-55 at Key Arena.
Lauren Jackson scored 13 points, while Camille Little and Sue Bird each chimed in with 12 points as the Storm earned their second straight win.
Sophia Young led the way with 14 points -- including her franchise-best 3,000th point -- along with eight rebounds but the visitors dropped their fourth straight.
Jia Perkins tallied 11 points and six boards in the setback.
Seattle trailed by one heading into the fourth, but a 10-4 run at the outset gave it breathing room. Swin Cash started the period with a layup to put the Storm ahead, and Little ended the run with a deuce to make it 51-46. The home team never trailed thereafter.
Young hit the milestone on a shot in the second quarter. She became the 37th player in league history to score at least 3,000 points.
- SAN ANTONIO: 55
Aug 23 11:52 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 28
Aug 23 10:59 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 23 10:14 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14