Tulsa beats Connecticut, starts shocking winning streakAug 28, 2011 - 10:20 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - The Tulsa Shock have started a winning streak following their WNBA-record 20-game skid by beating the Connecticut Sun, 83-72.
Sheryl Swoopes poured in 22 points, Ivory Latta scored 19 and Tiffany Jackson totaled 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Shock, winners of two straight after upending Los Angeles on Friday.
Tina Charles posted 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Sun, who were coming off a 95-92 win over Phoenix on Friday.
Tulsa trailed by 11 at halftime before pulling even, 59-59, with 10 minutes to play. The Shock started the fourth on a 17-2 surge and held on from there.
- CONNECTICUT: 72
Aug 28 5:56 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 43
Aug 28 4:49 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 28 4:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3