Charles' triple-double helps Sun tighten race for East's top seedSep 3, 2011 - 1:48 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles recorded the first triple- double in franchise history as the Connecticut Sun pounded the Indiana Fever, 83-55.
Charles finished with 10 points, 10 assists and 16 rebounds for the Sun, who avoided a third straight loss and closed to within a half-game of the Fever for the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
Danielle McCray had 14 points and Kara Lawson scored 12 for Connecticut.
Katie Douglas posted 12 points to pace Indiana, which has dropped four of five.
- INDIANA: 55
Sep 2 9:25 PM
- INDIANA: 33
Sep 2 8:23 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 2 7:38 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8