Storm clinch record-tying eighth straight playoff berthSep 3, 2011 - 2:26 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Sue Bird poured in 21 points and Lauren Jackson added 20, as the Seattle Storm defeated the Tulsa Shock, 78-72, to record their WNBA record-tying eighth straight playoff appearance.
Swin Cash had 13 points for Seattle, which shot 54.4 percent from the field and 42.9 percent from beyond the arc. The Storm halted their road losing streak at four games.
The Shock, who hold the league's worst record, were paced by Jennifer Lacy's 18 points. Amber Holt had 17 points and Tiffany Jackson chipped in 12 points and 10 boards.
- SEATTLE: 78
Sep 2 10:03 PM
- SEATTLE: 40
Sep 2 8:51 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 2 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14