Dream blow out Shock, clinch playoff berthSep 4, 2011 - 9:11 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry dropped in 19 points and grabbed five rebounds to lead the Atlanta Dream to a 73-52 thrashing of the Tulsa Shock at Philips Arena.
Lindsey Harding had 13 points and dished out 10 assists, while Armintie Price added 13 points and six rebounds for the Dream, winners of two straight. With a record of 18-14, the Dream have secured a playoff berth out of the Eastern Conference.
Tiffany Jackson scored 15 points and pulled down 11 rebounds, while Amber Holt added 14 points for the Shock, losers of three consecutive games following a two-game winning streak.
Atlanta trailed 15-13 after one quarter, but poured it on the rest of the game, outscoring Tulsa in each of the final three quarters en route to the blowout win.
Poor shooting doomed the Shock, as they shot only 28.1 percent from the field and only 22.7 percent from beyond the arc. Atlanta, by contrast, shot 44.9 percent from the field and 50 percent from three-point range.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30