Lynx defeat Mercury in regular-season finaleSep 12, 2011 - 12:15 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Maya Moore, Seimone Augustus and Monica Wright each had 15 points, as the Minnesota Lynx beat the Phoenix Mercury, 96-90, in the regular-season finale for a pair of playoff-bound teams.
Rebekkah Brunson tallied 14 points for the Lynx (27-7), who are the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference.
Diana Taurasi finished with 19 points for the Mercury (19-15), who enter the playoffs as the third seed in the West. Marie Ferdinand-Harris had 15 points.
Minnesota, which holds the best record in the league, welcomes San Antonio to town in the first round, while Phoenix heads to Seattle to take on the second- seeded Storm.
- MINNESOTA: 96
Sep 11 7:54 PM
- MINNESOTA: 52
Sep 11 6:56 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 9:53
Sep 11 6:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25