Dream pound Fever, even East finalsSep 25, 2011 - 9:47 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Iziane Castro Marques netted a game-high 30 points and pulled down five rebounds, helping the Atlanta Dream top the Indiana Fever, 94-77, and even the Eastern Conference Finals at a game apiece.
Angel McCoughtry scored 27 points and grabbed four boards, while Sancho Lyttle, Armintie Price and Lindsey Harding all scored 10 points for Atlanta, which bounced back after dropping game one, 82-74.
Katie Douglas led Indiana with 25 points and six assists and Jessica Davenport scored 12 points for the Fever in a 23-minute run off the bench. Tammy Sutton- Brown added 11 points for Indiana.
Atlanta came out of the gate on fire, scoring 34 points and holding an nine- point lead after one quarter. After a subpar second quarter, the Dream won the third quarter by four and used a big final quarter to cement the win, outscoring Indiana 21-12 in the fourth.
Game 3 will be in Indiana on Tuesday.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27