Lynx cruise past LibertyMay 23, 2012 - 2:36 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus scored a game-high 22 points on Tuesday and the Lynx cruised past the winless Liberty, 80-62.
Maya Moore added 15 points and seven assists, while Rebekkah Brunson scored 14 for Minnesota, which improved to 2-0 on the season.
New York, meanwhile, fell to 0-3. Cappie Pondexter had a team-high 15 points on 6-of-23 shooting in the setback and Essence Carson chipped in 13. In all, the Liberty shot just 33.8 percent from the field.
In comparison, the Lynx made 51.6 percent of their shots and led by as many as 20 points.
Although New York trailed for the entire second half, it pulled within 10 when Kia Vaughn opened the fourth quarter with an inside bucket. Minnesota, though, responded with six straight, getting four points from Brunson and a jumper from Augustus for a 68-52 advantage.
Augustus buried another jumper late in the quarter to mark Minnesota's largest lead of the game.
- MINNESOTA: 80
NEW YORK: 62
May 22 9:06 PM
- MINNESOTA: 44
NEW YORK: 33
May 22 7:56 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 22 7:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27