Prahalis lifts Mercury over ShockMay 23, 2012 - 2:45 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - A pair of free throws from Samantha Prahalis with 22 seconds left lifted the Phoenix Mercury to an 89-87 win over the Tulsa Shock.
With the game tied at 87-87 and just 28.7 seconds remaining Candice Dupree pulled down one of her game-high nine rebounds and called a quick timeout. The Mercury threw the ball in to Prahalis who was immediately fouled.
After Prahalis sunk the free throws, an Ivory Latta three at the buzzer missed and the Mercury held on for their first win of the season.
Dupree finished the game with 31 points, also a game high, while DeWanna Bonner poured in 16. Charde Houston chipped in with 13 points off the bench.
Karima Christmas and Temeka Johnson led Tulsa with 16 points apiece and Jennifer Lacy added 11 for the Shock who remain winless in 2012.
- PHOENIX: 89
May 22 10:24 PM
- PHOENIX: 70
End of 3rd
May 22 9:38 PM
- PHOENIX: 42
May 22 9:02 PM
- PHOENIX: 6
1st Quarter - 6:40
May 22 8:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8