Lynx down Storm to remain perfectMay 28, 2012 - 1:08 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore led all scorers with 19 points as the Minnesota Lynx remained perfect with an 84-71 victory over the Seattle Storm on Sunday.
Monica Wright added 11 points while Seimone Augustus and Devereaux Peters netted 10 apiece for the Lynx, who improved to 4-0 on the season.
Ann Wauters finished with 13 points and nine rebounds for Seattle, which fell to 0-3 this year.
Shekinna Stricklen had 12 points and Camille Little contributed 10 in a losing effort.
Minnesota controlled the game from the start, connecting on 42.1 percent of its shots while holding the Storm to 18.8 percent from the floor en route to a 17-9 advantage at the end of the first quarter.
Seattle never threatened from there as Augustus opened the second quarter with a three-pointer to put Minnesota ahead 20-9 and the Lynx held a double-digit lead for the remainder of the game.
- SEATTLE: 71
May 27 8:54 PM
- SEATTLE: 24
May 27 7:50 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 27 7:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15