Catchings leads Fever over DreamMay 27, 2012 - 9:50 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings poured in a game-high 25 points and pulled down 12 rebounds as the Indiana Fever dropped the Atlanta Dream, 78-62, on Sunday.
Katie Douglas had 16 points and seven rebounds and Jessica Davenport added 12 points and four boards off the bench for the Fever, who remain perfect this season at 3-0.
Angel McCoughtry scored a team-high 21 points on 5-of-9 shooting for the Dream and Lindsey Harding added 13 points for the home side, which fell to 1-2 thus far. Sancho Lyttle had 11 points and nine rebounds, while Yelena Leuchanka added 10 points in a losing cause.
Indiana struggled from the floor, shooting just 34.7 percent, while converting on just 4-of-19 from beyond the arc, but the Fever were bailed out by tenacity on the glass and strong defense.
The Fever pulled down 16 offensive rebounds, which led to 16 second-chance points. They outrebounded Atlanta 39-29 overall and also turned 23 Dream turnovers into 18 points en route to the victory.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27