Storm win first of season over winless ShockJun 2, 2012 - 4:23 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Sue Bird had 27 points as the Seattle Storm won their first game of the season with a 76-58 victory over the winless Tulsa Shock.
Camille Little had 19 points and nine rebounds while Tina Thompson added eight points for the Storm, who were 0-3 coming into the game.
Jennifer Lacy had 12 points and five boards while Riquna Williams added 11 for the Shock, who have dropped all five of their games this season.
The Storm carried a one-point lead into the halftime break before breaking the game open with a 21-point third quarter during which they held the Shock to just 11 points.
- TULSA: 58
Jun 2 12:11 AM
- TULSA: 35
Jun 1 11:04 PM
- TULSA: 2
1st Quarter - 8:53
Jun 1 10:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14