Chicago steals OT win as Shock remain winlessJun 9, 2012 - 3:32 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Epiphanny Prince buried a game-tying three- pointer at the end of regulation and finished with 32 points to lead the Sky to a 98-91 victory over the Tulsa Shock on Tuesday at Allstate Arena.
Tulsa led by seven with 32 seconds remaining in regulation but Prince and Courtney Vandersloot buried three-pointers around a pair of free throws from Ivory Latta.
The Shock then split their next two trips to the charity stripe, leaving the door open for Prince's game-tying triple as the horn sounded to end regulation with the game tied 77-77.
In the extra session, Latta connected on a three-pointer to start the overtime, but Chicago reeled off the next 11 points to take an 88-80 lead and knocked down 8-of-10 from the stripe in the final minute to secure the win.
Vandersloot, Swin Cash and Sylvia Fowles each scored 14 point, while Fowles tied a career-high and Sky team record with 21 rebounds to help the Sky improve to 5-1 on the season.
Latta finished with a team-high 25 points while Glory Johnson and Scholanda Dorrell each netted 17 points as the Shock dropped to 0-7 on the season and lost their 13th straight game overall.
- TULSA: 91
Final - OT
Jun 8 11:09 PM
- TULSA: 34
Jun 8 9:33 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 8 8:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Adam Silver confident in WNBA, plans to be more involved Nov 5
- WNBA franchise in North Texas area to be called Dallas Wings Nov 2
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18