McCoughtry, Dream top LibertyJun 24, 2012 - 10:28 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry scored 23 points and grabbed eight rebounds to help lead the Atlanta Dream to a 74-64 victory over the New York Liberty.
McCoughtry shot only 7-of-20 from the field, but made 8-of-10 free throws for the Dream, who notched their first road victory in four tries. Sancho Lyttle added 19 points in the win.
Leilani Mitchell led the Liberty with 16 points, but New York lost for the fourth time in five games. Kara Braxton had 14 points and 13 rebounds, while DeMya Walker and Cappie Pondexter scored 12 points each.
The Dream led by as many as 18 in the game and took a 26-16 advantage into the second quarter. New York grabbed a two-point lead at halftime, but Atlanta outscored the Liberty, 25-10, in the third quarter en route to the win.
- ATLANTA: 74
NEW YORK: 64
Jun 24 6:24 PM
- ATLANTA: 38
NEW YORK: 40
Jun 24 5:05 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 24 4:22 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22