Indiana survives for late winJul 10, 2012 - 6:18 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored 23 points, and the Indiana Fever survived a late push by the New York Liberty to win, 84-82.
Katie Douglas added 20 for the Fever, who have won their last two and five out of seven. Shavonte Zellous added 12 in the win.
Cappie Pondexter netted a game-high 33 for the Liberty, who fell to 6-11 on the season.
New York, which trailed by Indiana by seven entering the fourth quarter, tied the game in the last frame. However, Catchings drew a foul and made a pair of free throws with 8.4 seconds left, which proved to be the difference.
- NEW YORK: 82
Jul 10 2:05 PM
- NEW YORK: 43
Jul 10 12:59 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 10 12:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22