Silver Stars pummel Mercury for 11th straight winAug 20, 2012 - 12:12 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Becky Hammon scored a team-high 19 points as the San Antonio Silver Stars extended their franchise-record winning streak to 11 games with an 89-47 annihilation of the struggling Phoenix Mercury.
Shenise Johnson totaled 15 points and nine rebounds and fellow reserve Shenise Johnson chipped in 13 and nine for the Stars, who have not lost since June 22 at Seattle.
The Mercury shot 27 percent from the field and were held to nine points in the second quarter and five in the fourth en route to a franchise-worse eighth straight loss.
Alexis Hornbuckle and DeWanna Bonner scored 11 and 10 points, respectively, in defeat.
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6