Lawson lifts Sun over Shock in OTAug 22, 2012 - 2:41 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson's 3-pointer with 11.8 seconds left in overtime lifted the Connecticut Sun over the Tulsa Shock, 82-80, on Tuesday night.
Lawson ended with 19 points for the Eastern Conference-leading Sun, who improved to 17-5. Tina Charles tallied 13 points and eight rebounds and Mistie Mims added 11 points and 11 boards.
Temeka Johnson and Jennifer Lacy had 14 points apiece for the Shock, who fell to 3-18 on the season. Roneeka Hodges and Ivory Latta had 13 points each.
Johnson's layup gave Tulsa an 80-79 lead with 18.2 seconds left in overtime.
But Lawson made the go-ahead shot from beyond the arc at the other end to give the Sun the lead back.
Latta missed a 24-footer in the final seconds.
- TULSA: 80
Final - OT
Aug 21 9:23 PM
- TULSA: 52
End of 3rd
Aug 21 8:34 PM
- TULSA: 34
Aug 21 7:56 PM
- TULSA: 15
End of 1st
Aug 21 7:27 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 21 7:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3