Lyttle carries Dream over SkyAug 23, 2012 - 1:36 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Sancho Lyttle scored 24 points and pulled down seven rebounds to guide the Atlanta Dream over the Chicago Sky, 82-71, at Philips Arena.
Tiffany Hayes added 18 points, Armintie Price had 14 and Lindsey Harding scored 13 for Atlanta in the win. Atlanta bounced back from a loss at Indiana on Saturday, which marked the conclusion of an eight-game road trip. This was the Dream's first home game since June 26 against Indiana.
Sylvia Fowles made all seven of her field goal attempts, on the way to 22 points, but Chicago lost its eighth in a row. The last victory for the Sky came July 1 against the Dream.
Swin Cash tallied 19 points and Shay Murphy scored 10 for the Sky, who committed 16 turnovers, leading to 22 Atlanta points.
The Dream held a 22-19 lead after the first quarter, but pulled away in the second by shooting 9-of-13 from the floor for a 48-31 halftime cushion.
Cash scored 12 in the third quarter to help the Sky get within eight at the end of the period.
A layup from Ticha Penicheiro cut the deficit to 69-66 with 5:41 left in the game, but Murphy missed a pair of potential tying 3-point shots. Hayes then completed a three-point play with 4:11 left, and the Sky didn't get closer than four points the rest of the way.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25