Bonner powers Mercury to win over SunSep 8, 2012 - 1:21 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - DeWanna Bonner scored 35 points and grabbed seven rebounds, helping the visiting Phoenix Mercury beat the Eastern Conference-leading Connecticut Sun, 91-82, on Friday night.
Bonner drained six of the team's 11 three-pointers.
Diana Taurasi supplied 16 points for Phoenix, which has won three of its last four games after dropping 10 in a row. Krystal Thomas registered 16 rebounds in the Mercury's first win over Connecticut on Aug. 29, 2009. The Sun had won four straight in the series.
Renee Montgomery paced Connecticut with 25 points, while Tina Charles added 18.
The Sun, who have dropped two of three, trailed by as many as 21 points.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3