Douglas leads Fever past MercurySep 10, 2012 - 12:15 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Katie Douglas scored 30 points on 12-of-18 shooting to help the Indiana Fever edge the Phoenix Mercury 89-83.
Tamika Catchings also contributed 19 points for the Fever, winners in nine of their last 11 games.
The Mercury came in winners in three of their last four contests, but fell short on Sunday. DeWanna Bonner led Phoenix in scoring, putting in 23 points while also grabbing eight rebounds and dishing out five assists.
Phoenix also got double-digit efforts out of Charde Houston and Lynetta Kizer, who scored 14 and 11 points respectfully.
The Mercury and Fever will return to action on Wednesday night. The Mercury host the Connecticut Sun, the top team in the Eastern Conference, while the Fever will host the Seattle Storm.
- PHOENIX: 83
Sep 9 7:56 PM
- PHOENIX: 41
Sep 9 6:50 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 9 6:07 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8