Shock upset Silver StarsSep 16, 2012 - 10:06 PM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Temeka Johnson poured in a game-high 18 points on just 5-of-7 shooting as the Tulsa Shock knocked off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 80-70, at AT&T Center on Sunday.
Ivory Latta netted 15 points on 5-of-9 from the floor off the bench, while Roneeka Hodges added 11 points in the victory for the Shock, who won for just the eighth time this season. Courtney Paris ripped down 10 rebounds to go with eight points in the triumph.
Sophia Young dropped 15 points and pulled down eight rebounds, while Danielle Adams contributed 12 off the bench for the Silver Stars, who had their brief two-game winning streak snapped.
San Antonio led, 22-20 after one quarter, but the Shock outscored San Antonio, 28-22, in the second frame to take a 48-44 lead at halftime.
The Shock remained poised and won the final two quarters to hold on for the victory. Tulsa shot 46.6 percent from the floor.
- TULSA: 80
SAN ANTONIO: 70
Sep 16 5:06 PM
- TULSA: 48
SAN ANTONIO: 44
Sep 16 3:56 PM
- TULSA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 16 3:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6