Sky rout MercurySep 17, 2012 - 12:20 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Shay Murphy scored a game-high 22 points as the Chicago Sky cruised past the Phoenix Mercury, 86-55, on Sunday.
Epiphanny Prince added 15 points and Courtney Vandersloot had 14, while Swin Cash finished with 12 points and eight rebounds for the Sky, who have won four of their last six.
Charde Houston paced the Mercury with 15 points. Alexis Hornbuckle was the only other member of Phoenix to record double-digit points with 10 as the Mercury never led in the contest and tied the game just once, when a pair of Briana Gilbreath free throws made it 2-2.
- CHICAGO: 86
Sep 16 8:02 PM
- CHICAGO: 55
Sep 16 6:57 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 16 6:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA set to unveil new marketing campaign "Watch Me Work" Jan 28
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18