Shock win, but Liberty clinch playoff spotSep 21, 2012 - 2:18 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - The Tulsa Shock rolled past the Liberty, 78-66, but New York backed into the postseason anyway.
The Liberty clinched the final spot in the Eastern Conference thanks to the Chicago Sky falling to the Atlanta Dream on Thursday.
New York will play the top-seeded Connecticut Sun in the first round, and must take better care of the ball after turning the ball over 22 times against the Shock.
Temeka Johnson led Tulsa with 26 points, while Ivory Latta added 13 points off the bench in the club's third straight win.
Kara Braxton, Cappie Pondexter and Plenette Pierson all scored 14 points in defeat.
New York closes out the regular season against Tulsa on Saturday, while the Shock visits Indiana on Sunday to end its campaign.
- NEW YORK: 66
Sep 20 10:13 PM
- NEW YORK: 30
Sep 20 8:58 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 20 8:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22