Moore shines as Lynx maul MercurySep 22, 2012 - 4:22 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Maya Moore poured in a game-high 21 points on 8-of-12 shooting as the Minnesota Lynx thumped the Phoenix Mercury, 89-66 at US Airways Center.
Erin Thorn netted 17 points on 6-of-10 from the floor off the bench, while Seimone Augustus added 16 points and Lindsay Whalen donated 13 points in the Lynx's third victory in their last four tries.
DeWanna Bonner scored 17 points and pulled down five rebounds, while Samantha Prahalis contributed 14 points in the loss for Phoenix, which lost its sixth straight game.
Minnesota led by two after one quarter, but exploded in the second stanza, outscoring the Mercury, 27-12 to lead 51-35. The league-leading Lynx dominated the rest of the way, leading by as many as 33 en route to the victory.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25