McCoughtry, Dream sail through SkyJun 16, 2013 - 9:18 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry's 23 points, six rebounds, four blocks and three steals helped Atlanta hand Chicago its first loss of the season by an 88-74 count on Sunday.
Tiffany Hayes and Erika de Souza each added 16 points, and Jasmine Thomas totaled 13 as the Dream improved to 5-1 on the season.
Elena Delle Donne's game-best 25 points weren't enough for the Sky, who had taken their first four of the 2013 schedule. Allie Quigley had 14 points, while Sylvia Fowles posted 10 rebounds in defeat.
Although behind by 16 points after one quarter, Chicago pulled even in the third.
A Hayes putback spurred a quarter-ending 9-0 surge, and though the Sky cut their deficit to 68-64 early in the fourth, de souza's jumper kicked off a game-sealing 13-2 surge which ended on another Hayes bucket with 3:25 remaining.
- CHICAGO: 74
Jun 16 5:16 PM
- CHICAGO: 47
Jun 16 4:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 16 3:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25