Fowles powers Sky over SunJun 1, 2013 - 2:51 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles scored 24 points and pulled down a career-high 22 rebounds to power the Chicago Sky to an 86-75 win over the Connecticut Sun.
Elena Delle Donne added 20 points for the Chicago, which dominated the glass by a 46-32 margin. Epiphanny Prince scored 17 in the win.
Allison Hightower tallied 20 points, while Tina Charles added 16 points and 15 boards for the Sun. Kara Lawson scored 11 in defeat.
Fowles scored 13 points in the opening quarter, which saw the Sky race to a 26-16 lead after the period. The Sun got as close as three late in the half, but two Delle Donne free throws moved the advantage back to five at 44-39 at the break.
A 3-point play from Delle Donne increased the margin to 65-50 with 2:51 to go in the third quarter. Connecticut didn't get closer than six points in the fourth.
- CONNECTICUT: 75
May 31 10:29 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 39
May 31 9:23 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 31 8:42 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21