Shock top Sky to halt skidJun 20, 2013 - 7:33 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Riquna Williams scored 21 points and Nicole Powell added 18, leading the Tulsa Shock to an 83-74 victory over the Chicago Sky.
Candice Wiggins chipped in 17 points and Glory Johnson contributed 14 with 10 rebounds for the Shock, who stopped a three-game slide and won for just the second time in nine games this season.
Sylvia Fowles scored 17 points and rookie Elena Delle Donne donated 14 for Chicago, which has lost two straight after winning four of its first five to start the year.
The Shock carried a 41-39 lead into the intermission, but trailed by two with just over three minutes left in the third quarter after a Fowles layup. Tulsa then ran off 11 of the next 13 points, fueled by threes from Wiggins, Angel Goodrich and Williams, for a 64-57 advantage.
Another Williams three to close the third gave Tulsa a 68-61 lead and Chicago couldn't get closer than five in the final period.
- CHICAGO: 74
Jun 20 2:43 PM
- CHICAGO: 39
Jun 20 1:27 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 20 12:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Adam Silver confident in WNBA, plans to be more involved Nov 5
- WNBA franchise in North Texas area to be called Dallas Wings Nov 2
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18