Sky beat Mercury on Delle Donne's buzzer-beaterSep 12, 2013 - 2:57 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Elena Delle Donne's buzzer-beating jumper lifted the Chicago Sky to a 70-68 win Wednesday over the Phoenix Mercury.
Delle Donne had 18 points, Epiphanny Prince scored 21 and Sylvia Fowles added 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Sky, who moved to 8-1 in their last nine games.
The Mercury, playing without suspended star Diana Taurasi, missed a chance to match their season high of five straight wins. They were led by 15 points from Candice Dupree and 12 apiece from DeWanna Bonner and Briana Gilbreath.
Phoenix scored just eight points in the fourth quarter but had a nine-point lead with 6:41 remaining.
Five Sky players then scored during an 11-0 run that gave them a 68-66 edge with 14.6 seconds remaining. Jasmine James scored to tie the game for Phoenix with just 5.8 seconds remaining before Delle Donne buried her 10-footer to win it.
Both teams have two more games until the playoffs start.
The Sky opened the season with a 102-80 win at Phoenix in the only other meeting this season between the teams.
- PHOENIX: 68
Sep 11 10:04 PM
- PHOENIX: 40
Sep 11 8:53 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 11 8:06 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA set to unveil new marketing campaign "Watch Me Work" Jan 28
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18