Storm cruise past SunJun 16, 2013 - 11:09 PM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Thompson checked in with 17 points and Shekinna Stricklen poured in 16 off the bench as the Seattle Storm eased past the Connecticut Sun, 78-66, on Sunday.
Camille Little donated 11 of her 15 points in the second half and also had nine boards and five assists for Seattle, which was coming off back-to-back losses. Tanisha Wright added 13 points to the victory.
Allison Hightower tallied a team-best 17 points on 8-of-11 shooting, but couldn't keep the Sun from dropping a second straight game. They lost five of their first seven contests to start the season.
Tina Charles had 15 points on 5-of-18 from the field and Kara Lawson scored 11 in the setback.
The Storm took control by scoring nine of the last 11 points in the first half to take a 40-33 lead into the break. The Sun were within three near the midway point of the third, but a 10-0 Seattle run opened up a double-digit spread.
Six points was the closest Connecticut came the rest of the way, with Seattle leading by as many as 14 in the final minute.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14