Mercury outshine SunJun 30, 2013 - 1:37 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi and DeWanna Bonner both scored 19 points to lead the surging Phoenix Mercury to an 89-70 win over the Connecticut Sun.
Forward Candice Dupree had 18 points, seven rebounds and two steals to help extend Phoenix's winning streak to four games. Phoenix's 5-2 road record is the best in the WNBA.
Center Tina Charles posted 25 points with 13 boards for the Sun, who have lost four straight games. Charles made 19 free throws on 24 attempts, which is a new career and WNBA season-high record.
Connecticut's measly 26.9 field goal percentage helped contribute to their 19- point loss.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3