Catchings powers Fever past ShockJul 25, 2013 - 7:02 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings poured in 23 points and became the fourth-leading scorer in WNBA history, leading the Indiana Fever to a 71-60 victory over the Tulsa Shock.
Catchings, who also had a game-high nine rebounds, now has 6,024 points and surpassed Lauren Jackson's total of 6,007.
Shavonte Zellous contributed 19 points and seven rebounds for the Fever, who bounced back from Tuesday's loss to New York and won for fourth time in their last five games.
Liz Cambage scored 13 points and Glory Johnson chipped in 11 to lead Tulsa, which had a three-game winning streak stopped.
Neither team led by more than three in a tight first quarter that ended in a 17-17 tie, and the Fever moved in front early in the second and led by as many as eight before settling on a 38-34 edge at the break.
The Shock got only as close as three early in the third and went to the fourth down 53-48. A Johnson putback made it a 55-52 game early in the final period, but Zellous scored five during an 11-2 run that gave Indiana 66-54 advantage with 4 1/2 minutes remaining to seal it.
- INDIANA: 71
Jul 25 2:41 PM
- INDIANA: 38
Jul 25 1:31 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 25 12:36 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8