Moore, Lynx crush MercuryJun 7, 2013 - 2:14 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore scored a game-high 22 points to lead the Minnesota Lynx in a 99-79 drubbing of the Phoenix Mercury.
Seimone Augustus chipped in 19 points and Amber Harris added 18 off the bench for the Lynx, who have won their first two games of the year and the last eight meetings with the Mercury, including the 2011 West finals.
Diana Taurasi led Phoenix with 21 points, DeWanna Bonner checked in with 18 and rookie Brittney Griner had 16 with five rebounds in the club's third straight loss to begin the season.
The Lynx never trailed and shot 14-of-21 from the field in the opening quarter en route to a 32-16 lead that ballooned to 29 points just before the break.
Moore had 19 points in the first half, which ended with the hosts holding a healthy 60-33 advantage that was never threatened the rest of the way.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25