Brunson, Whalen help Lynx down ShockJun 15, 2013 - 2:28 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Rebekkah Brunson scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rounds and Lindsay Whalen added 17 points to help the Minnesota Lynx earn a 83-74 victory over the Tulsa Shock Friday at BOK Center.
Maya Moore contributed 10 points, four assists and three rebounds and Seimone Augustus added 11 points and four helpers for the Lynx (4-1), who have won two straight.
Glory Johnson netted a game-high 22 points and had nine boards and Candice Wiggins had 18 points for the Shock, who fell to 1-6 on the young season. Riquna Williams added 16 points in defeat.
Minnesota led 39-35 at the break and extended its lead to 66-53 after three quarters before holding on for the win down the stretch.
- MINNESOTA: 83
Jun 14 10:06 PM
- MINNESOTA: 38
Jun 14 8:59 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 14 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22