Lynx rally in fourth quarter to top MercuryJun 20, 2013 - 4:19 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Maya Moore registered a double-double with 26 points and 16 rebounds and the Minnesota Lynx defeated the Phoenix Mercury, 80-69, on Wednesday.
Seimone Augustus scored 17 points while Lindsay Whalen added 13 for the Lynx, who have won five of six to start the season.
Diana Taurasi scored 28 points but recorded six turnovers. Brittney Griner, the first overall pick of the 2013 WNBA Draft, had 10 points and seven rebounds for the Mercury, who shot 34.4 percent from the field but made all 21 of their free throw attempts.
Phoenix held a 60-56 edge entering the fourth quarter, but scored just nine points in the final period.
Whalen's three-point play with 7:42 left gave the Lynx a 63-62 lead.
The Mercury's Charde Houston made a layup to cut the deficit to 69-64 with 5:29 remaining, but the Lynx went on 9-0 run to take a 78-64 advantage with 1:46 remaining and were able to hold on for the win.
- MINNESOTA: 80
Jun 19 11:56 PM
- MINNESOTA: 40
Jun 19 10:53 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 19 10:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25