Moore leads Lynx in rout of MercuryJul 8, 2013 - 1:24 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore poured in a game-high 23 points to lead the Minnesota Lynx to a 91-59 victory over the Phoenix Mercury Sunday at Target Center.
Monica Wright chipped in 17 points off the bench, with Lindsay Whalen and Janel McCarville supplying 14 and 11 points, respectively, for the Lynx, who improved to 6-0 at home this season and pushed their franchise-record home winning streak to 14 games.
Candice Dupree paced Phoenix with 12 points, while Brittney Griner, the top overall pick in the 2013 draft, added eight points and 11 rebounds for the Mercury, who had their five-game win streak halted.
Minnesota never trailed in the contest and pushed its lead as high as 34 before cruising to victory down the stretch.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25