Mercury take down LibertyJul 3, 2013 - 4:12 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - DeWanna Bonner and Candice Dupree each scored 20 points to help the Phoenix Mercury to a 94-87 victory over the New York Liberty on Tuesday.
Brittney Griner had 18 points and five rebounds while Diana Taurasi scored 16 points with 10 assists for the Mercury, who have won five straight.
Cappie Pondexter scored 17 points with six rebounds, Kara Braxton added 14 points and five boards while Katie Smith added 13 points for the Liberty, who have lost three of four.
Phoenix held a five-point lead to start the second half and gained 10 points in the third to take control of the game.
- NEW YORK: 87
Jul 2 11:58 PM
- NEW YORK: 41
Jul 2 10:52 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 2 10:17 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22