Perkins, Silver Stars beat ShockAug 31, 2013 - 2:53 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins scored 19 points, Jayne Appel had eight points and 11 rebounds and the San Antonio Silver Stars defeated the Tulsa Shock, 74-65, on Friday.
Shenise Johnson contributed 13 points for the Silver Stars, who have won two of their last three games.
Glory Johnson recorded a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Shock, who sit at the bottom of the Western Conference standings with a 9-20 record.
The Silver Stars took over the game in the second quarter after being down by seven in the first. They finished the half with a 42-28 lead and did not look back.
Tulsa cut San Antonio's margin down to five with 31.1 seconds to go, but missed three-point attempts from Riquna Williams and Jennifer Lacy coupled with late fouls would not help the Shock complete the comeback.
- SAN ANTONIO: 74
Aug 30 10:04 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 42
Aug 30 8:54 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 30 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6