Shock's Williams nets WNBA-record 51 pointsSep 8, 2013 - 11:06 PM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Riquna Williams netted a WNBA-record 51 points in the Tulsa Shock's 98-65 rout of the San Antonio Silver Stars.
Williams was 17-of-28 from the field and knocked down eight of her 14 attempts from beyond the arc for Tulsa, which moved to 11-21 on the season.
The second-year Miami product, Williams, surpassed the previous mark of 47 points set by the Phoenix Mercury's Diana Taurasi against the Houston Comets on Aug. 10, 2006. The Seattle Storm's Lauren Jackson matched Taurasi's output against the Washington Mystics on July 24, 2007.
Williams tied the milestone with a layup with 1:22 remaining and surpassed the mark with a jumper 24 ticks later.
Williams, who tallied 16 first-half points, poured in 20 in the third. She outscored San Antonio, 35-22, in the second half.
Skylar Diggins added 20 points for Tulsa, while Jia Perkins tallied 21 points to lead the Silver Stars.
- TULSA: 98
SAN ANTONIO: 65
Sep 8 6:24 PM
- TULSA: 39
SAN ANTONIO: 43
Sep 8 5:22 PM
- TULSA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 8 4:35 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6