Shock down Storm for first win of the seasonJun 8, 2013 - 4:21 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Glory Johnson had 17 points and nine rebounds and the Tulsa Shock picked up their first win of the season with a 67-58 decision over the Seattle Storm on Friday.
Candice Wiggins scored 13 points while Skylar Diggins, the third overall pick of the 2013 WNBA Draft, recorded 12 points and three rebounds for the Shock, who snapped a six-game losing streak dating back to last season.
Tina Thompson scored 17 points and Temeka Johnson added 13 for the Storm, who shot 38.7 percent from the field and were 0-for-17 from beyond the arc.
Tulsa had a 48-45 lead entering the fourth quarter. Despite shooting just 26.7 percent in the period, the Shock were a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line. Diggins scored six points in the final minutes.
- TULSA: 67
Jun 8 12:03 AM
- TULSA: 34
Jun 7 10:56 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 7 10:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14