Sky hands Lynx another defeatJun 4, 2007 - 12:41 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- It was more of the same for the Minnesota Lynx.
Candice Dupree had 20 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Chicago Sky to a 78-72 victory over the Lynx on Sunday.
Rookie standout Seimone Augustus had a game-high 23 points and was the lone bright spot for the Lynx, who remain winless and own the worst record in the league at 0-7.
Chicago (3-3), which led by as much as 18 early on, opened up at 23-12 lead after one quarter and never looked back en route to their second consecutive win
Dominique Canty added 16 points and led the Sky with five assists while Chasity Melvin came off the bench to score a dozen as well. Armintie Price turned in a nine-point effort for Chicago.
Though she shot just 2-of-12 from the field, Nicole Ohlde had 17 points for the Lynx - 13 of those points came via free throws. Lindsey Harding contributed 14 points in the loss.
The Lynx struggled with shooting as they were just 31 1/2 percent (23-for-73) from the floor. The team also failed to convert all five of its 3-point attempts in the loss.
CHICAGO 78 FINAL
Jun 3 8:21 PM
CHICAGO 64 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 3 7:47 PM
CHICAGO 42 HALFTIME
Jun 3 7:03 PM
CHICAGO 23 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 3 6:30 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2