Trio fuels New York past IndianaJun 6, 2007 - 1:50 AM NEW YORK (Ticker) -- Loree Moore, Catherine Kraayeveld and Ashley Battle scored 15 points apiece to lift the New York Liberty to a 78-67 victory over the Indiana Fever in a battle of undefeated WNBA teams on Tuesday.
Battle came off the bench and fueled a strong second quarter for New York, which outscored Indiana, 28-12. Battle, who shot 7-for-10 from the field, combined with Kraayeveld for a trio of 3-pointers during the quarter for the Liberty.
Moore was 6-for-8 from the field and 3-for-3 from 3-point range. Jessica Davenport added 12 points and Erin Thorn added 10 for New York (5-0), which is off to its best start since 1997.
Forward Tamika Catchings scored a game-high 21 points for Indiana (4-1).
Anna DeForge added 12 points in a losing effort for the Fever.
NEW YORK 78 FINAL
Jun 5 9:30 PM
END 3RD QTR 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
INDIANA 14 12 27 53
NEW YORK 9 28 18 55 END 3RD QTR
WNBA INDIANA AT NEW YORK
HIGH SCORERS AFTER 3RD QUARTER
IND - TAMIKA CATCHINGS 17, TAMMY SUTTON-BROWN
8, ANNA DEFORGE 8
NYL - ASHLEY BATTLE 13, LOREE MOORE 13,
JESSICA DAVENPORT 9
Jun 5 9:05 PM
NEW YORK 37 HALFTIME
Jun 5 8:24 PM
NEW YORK 9 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 5 7:58 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22