Brunson scores career high to lead Monarchs over Silver StarsJun 6, 2007 - 4:42 AM SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- Rebekkah Brunson scored a career-high 21 points and Nicole Powell added 16 to lead the Sacramento Monarchs to a 74-57 victory over the San Antonio Silver Stars on Tuesday.
Brunson was 9-of-12 from the field and added nine rebounds and two steals to lead the Monarchs (4-2) to their franchise-record 11th consecutive home victory.
Powell hit a pair of 3-pointers and grabbed nine rebounds for Sacramento, which held a 36-22 edge on the boards and put the game away by outscoring San Antonio, 24-12, in the fourth quarter.
Yolanda Griffith and Kara Lawson each scored 10 points for the Monarchs.
Vickie Johnson scored 12 points and Marie Ferdinand-Harris had 10 for San Antonio (4-3), which shot 39 percent (20-of-52) and committed 26 turnovers that led to 19 points for Sacramento.
SAN ANTONIO 57
SACRAMENTO 74 FINAL
Jun 6 12:01 AM
SAN ANTONIO 45
SACRAMENTO 50 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 5 11:33 PM
SAN ANTONIO 26
SACRAMENTO 28 HALFTIME
Jun 5 10:55 PM
SAN ANTONIO 8
SACRAMENTO 13 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 5 10:31 PM
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Dearica Hamby scores 15 points, Stars beat Storm 59-58 Sep 13
- Stars-Storm Preview Sep 12
- Odyssey Sims scores 27, Shock clinch West's third seed Sep 8
- Stars-Shock Preview Sep 7
- A week to go and the Eastern Conference is still tight Sep 7
- Brittney Griner scores 22 points, Mercury beat Stars 82-52 Sep 5
- Mercury-Stars Preview Sep 5