First-quarter blitz lifts Fever past CometsJun 7, 2007 - 2:31 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Tammy Sutton-Brown scored 17 points and Tamika Catchings had 12 as the Indiana Fever rolled to an 84-59 victory over the Houston Comets on Wednesday.
Indiana trailed, 3-2, early on and then went on a 20-0 run to take control. Catchings capped the run with a layup to give the Fever (5-1) a 22-3 lead with 2:05 to go in the first quarter.
Catchings added nine rebounds and seven steals in three quarters of action. She had all seven of her steals in the first half to tie the WNBA mark for steals in a half shared by Cynthia Cooper (1997) and Michelle Brogan (1998).
Catchings had five of her steals in the first quarter, tying the league record set by Indiana guard Tully Bevilaqua in August of last season.
Michelle Snow scored 15 points and Barbara Turner had 13 off the bench for the Comets (0-5), who committed 25 turnovers that led to 22 points for the Fever.
INDIANA 84 FINAL
Jun 6 9:03 PM
INDIANA 63 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 6 8:36 PM
INDIANA 44 HALFTIME
Jun 6 8:00 PM
INDIANA 25 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 6 7:30 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2
- New York Liberty sign free agent Shavonte Zellous Feb 1
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1