Taurasi, Taylor help Mercury snap two-game skidJun 8, 2007 - 4:08 AM PHOENIX (Ticker) -- Diana Taurasi scored 21 points to lead the Phoenix Mercury to a 80-66 victory over the Chicago Sky on Thursday.
Penny Taylor added 21 points - 19 in the first half- and Cappie Poindexter added 18 points on 8-of-9 shooting to help the Mercury snap a three-game skid.
Taylor was a perfect 3-for-3 from the arc and made 4-of-5 free throws as the Mercury shot 21-of-26 from the line.
Chasity Melvin scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Sky, who shot just 56. 5 percent from the free throw line (13-of-23) and saw their modest two-game winning streak come to an end.
Dominique Canty added 11 points for Chicago, which committed 17 turnovers and made just 5-of-23 from the arc.
The Mercury held Candice Dupree to just six points on 3-of-8 shooting, 12 below her season average.
PHOENIX 80 FINAL
Jun 7 11:58 PM
PHOENIX 61 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 7 11:33 PM
PHOENIX 42 HALFTIME
Jun 7 10:53 PM
PHOENIX 21 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 7 10:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA set to unveil new marketing campaign "Watch Me Work" Jan 28
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18