Sales lead Sun to third straight winJun 9, 2007 - 2:42 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Nykesha Sales scored 26 points and Katie Douglas added 20 as the Connecticut Sun posted an 88-77 victory over the Houston Comets on Friday.
Asjha Jones added 19 as the Sun shot 50 percent from the floor (32-of-64) to notch their third straight win.
Meanwhile, Michelle Snow scored 22 points and Tina Thompson added 19 for Houston (0-6), which remained winless.
The Sun (4-2) were solid from the free throw line, hitting 22-of-25, and outscored the Comets, 32-11, in the third quarter to overcome an 18-point deficit.
HOUSTON 77 FINAL
Jun 8 10:30 PM
HOUSTON 57 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 8 10:02 PM
HOUSTON 46 HALFTIME
Jun 8 9:22 PM
HOUSTON 21 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 8 8:56 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Liberty shot-blocker Stokes contender for rookie of year Sep 18
- WNBA Capsules Sep 13
- Bone leads Sun over Sky 86-75; Delle Donne scoring champ Sep 13
- Sky-Sun Preview Sep 12