Storm blows past LynxJun 10, 2007 - 4:34 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Lauren Jackson poured in 30 points and sparked a key second-quarter run as the Seattle Storm rolled to a 90-76 victory over the Minnesota Lynx on Saturday.
With the game tied, 32-32, midway through the second, Seattle (3-3) went on a 14-0 run, which was highlighted by seven points from Jackson.
Janell Burse added 13 points and Betty Lennox had 11 points for the Storm, who took their biggest lead of the game early in the fourth quarter at 79-55.
Every Seattle starter finished in double digits as Sue Bird and Iziane Castro Marques rounded out the scoring with 10 points apiece.
Minnesota (1-9) was led by Svetlana Abrosimova, who scored 15 points while rookie standout Seimone Augustus was held to 13 points - her worst output this season.
Nicole Ohlde and Tiffany Stansbury each had a dozen points in the loss.
SEATTLE 90 FINAL
Jun 9 11:58 PM
SEATTLE 74 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 9 11:34 PM
SEATTLE 51 HALFTIME
Jun 9 10:59 PM
SEATTLE 26 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 9 10:32 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15