Lawson lifts Monarchs over CometsJun 12, 2007 - 3:15 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Kara Lawson scored 24 points to lead the Sacramento Monarchs to an 82-67 victory over the Houston Comets.
Lawson shot 8-of-10 from the floor, including 5-of-6 from 3-point range, and Nicole Powell added 17 points for the Monarchs, who have won four of their last five.
Rebekkah Brunson scored 14 points and Ticha Penicheiro had 10 assists for Sacramento, which shot 55 percent (30-of-55) from the field.
The Comets were led by Tina Thompson, who scored a season-high 33 points and grabbed six rebounds. It was the second time this season that Thompson scored at least 30 points in a loss.
Latasha Byears had nine points and Sancho Lyttle added seven and nine rebounds for Houston, which has lost nine straight games to start the season.
HOUSTON 67 FINAL
Jun 11 10:41 PM
HOUSTON 45 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 11 10:11 PM
HOUSTON 26 HALFTIME
Jun 11 9:32 PM
HOUSTON 10 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 11 8:58 PM
- Kings owner will no longer operate WNBA franchise Nov 20
- Powell sets team scoring mark in Monarchs' win Sep 14
- Hammon's 27 points lift Silver Stars past Monarchs Sep 11
- De Souza leads Dream past Monarchs Sep 5
- Brunson scores 32, leads Monarchs over Sun Sep 2
- Monarchs' Lawson sidelined Aug 31
- Sun-Monarchs Preview Aug 31
- Monarchs hold off Fever 79-78 Aug 29
- Monarchs-Fever Preview Aug 29
- Lynx use 3-pointers to defeat Sacramento Aug 29
- Monarchs-Lynx Preview Aug 27
- Dream continue hot streak with win over Monarchs Aug 25