Catchings reaches 3,000 points as Fever top StormJun 14, 2007 - 1:00 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Tamika Catchings scored 14 points, pulled down 10 rebounds and surpassed the 3,000-point mark for her career as the Indiana Fever rolled past the Seattle Storm, 90-62, on Wednesday.
Tan White had 23 points off the bench and Tammy Sutton-Brown contributed 15 points and nine rebounds for the Fever, who held a 50-30 halftime lead after outscoring the Storm, 29-4, in the second quarter.
With a 3-pointer in the opening quarter, Catchings became the 17th player in WNBA history to surpass the 3,000-point milestone. Lisa Leslie is the league's all-time leading scorer with 5,412 points.
Sheri Sam added 15 points for Indiana (8-1), which won its fourth consecutive game.
The Storm (4-4) was led by 18 points from Janell Burse and 17 from Lauren Jackson. Sue Bird added eight points for Seattle, which had a two-game winning streak come to an end.
Seattle was just 2-for-19 from the 3-point arc.
INDIANA 90 FINAL
Jun 13 8:47 PM
INDIANA 69 END, 3RD QTR
Jun 13 8:23 PM
INDIANA 50 HALFTIME
Jun 13 7:47 PM
INDIANA 21 END, 1ST QTR
Jun 13 7:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14